Sunday, February 15, 2009

We are having a....

Yes we are blessed to be having a sweet little girl! I am 18 1/2 weeks pregnant and due sometime around July 16th. This pregnancy has been really hard for me. At 13 weeks I was diagnosed with a subchorionic hematoma which means that part of the placenta was torn from the uterus wall causing very heavy bleeding. This is not very common and only happens in 1.3 % of pregnancies. Most subchorionic hematomas are usually between 1-2 cm in size but mine is 10 cm (4 inches) putting me at a high risk of miscarriage. Scary!
The first time it happened, we were flying home from New Years in Portland on an airplane and I had an extremely large gush of blood come out causing them to stop the plane (luckily it hadn't taken off in the air) and me being rushed to the hospital in Sacramento. It was terrible and so embarrassing! From then on till now, I have been put on bed rest, had meals brought in, lots of babysitting, several ultrasounds, many trips to the ER, and fear of my baby's survival. The doctors said there isn't anything to do except wait to see it the placenta will reattach to the uterus wall.
So I have been on bed rest for 5 1/2 weeks. It has been the hardest thing for me especially since I love to go and I have a 2 year old that I can't lift. My husband has been amazing! He cooks, cleans, grocery shops, and changes Ella's poopy diapers. I also am blessed to live by my mom, who takes care of me during the week when Jordan is at school. I usually stay with her Monday- Thursday and then I go home on the weekends.
Last Friday I had an ultrasound and they found that my placenta had moved up the uterus wall correctly since it was placenta previa which means it was covering my cervix. The doctor said that he couldn't find a tear anymore which means the placenta has attached. HOORAY! I am still bleeding so I am still on bed rest until I see my OB next Thursday. Just because it attached doesn't mean it will stay attached so I still have to take it really easy. I hope when I go in on Thursday, it will be good news.
All the ultrasounds I have had, our little girl has been measuring big (just like her sister) which is a good sign that the placenta is working properly and she is getting nutrients. What a blessing! I am soo grateful to be having this little girl. I guess you really don't appreciate a healthy pregnancy until something goes wrong. I was so lucky to carry Ella perfectly and hope the rest of my pregnancy will go better and will carry her full term. I can't wait until July when I can see her. Lets hope there is more good news to follow. I'll keep you posted!

18 comments:

Sara said...

I am so glad to hear things are getting better! I really hope this weeks OB appointment goes well too and you can get off bed rest!! CONGRATS!! I will be calling you this week:)

Mark, Stef, and Grace said...

Ok, I didn't even know you were pregnant! Congratulations! I'm so sorry it's been so rough for you. Wow, you are a trooper, that would be so hard. We are so excited for you guys though! Two little girls, so cute! Mark wants another girl next.

Sundbergs said...

That is so scary. Glad to hear things are looking better. Let me know if I can help in any way. And congrats on another little girl. Sisters are so fun. Hang in there you are amazing.

Amanda Jones said...

congrats! we are very excited for you! Sounds like you have had some rough times. We hope you can get off bed rest quickly and feel better!

Stewarts said...

Congratulations!
I am so sorry to hear about the rough go! I hope everything is totally on the up. Please let me know if I can help you guys in any way. We still miss you and think of you often. Take are. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.
Love ya-
Stewarts

Paige said...

That is so exciting! I was thinking of you guys the other day and wondering what you've been up to. I'm sorry it has been so rough. Funny how these things make you realize what miracles our precious babies are.
Keep on resting and best of luck!!
--The Cordons

Peter and Rebecca said...

I did not even know that you were pregnant! I am so sorry that it has been such a stressful pregnancy, but I am glad that things are looking better! I will be thinking of you!! I can't believe Ella's two - I haven't see her in so long it's hard to imagine!! She's a doll. . .

Melissa P said...

Congratulations Lindsey and Jordan!!! That is such exciting news! I hope you get good news this week at your appointment- I cant imagine how hard the past 19 weeks must have been~ We will be thinking of you!

Adam, Laurie, Kaden, Kyle, and Kloe said...

I so glad everything is looking good now. Hopefully you will be fully recovered by the time we all go to St. George

Kevin and Kerry said...

Lindsay...I am so sorry. I know what it is like to be on bedrest, I hated it. I hope you get better and that you will make it through the pregnancy better. I am excited that we are both having little girls. Keep me posted, I love hearing from you.

Rachel Johnson said...

Hey Lindsey, I am so sorry to hear about your pregnancy. I hope all gets WAY better from here on out. We will pray for you and your little family. Take it easy!

Brittany said...

You've made it really far!! Yea! Keep up the good baby growing! Did you end up getting a doppler?? Now that you can feel the baby moving, it might not be so important. I hope things continue to improve, you're VERY lucky to have your mom there, what a blessing!!!!

Critchfield fam said...

Oh my gosh. That's so scary. I'm so sorry you're on bed rest; I can't even imagine how boring and miserable that is. I'd hate not to be able to play with Kailee. But Congratulations!! I had no idea you were pregnant. Another girl, how fun!! I hope the rest of your pregnancy goes well. I'm so glad you have Jordan and your Mom. I miss you and wish I could come visit :(

Megan and Mike said...

Ah!!! Congratulations! I'm so excited for you. I wish we could see each other sometime! Hopefully in the near future we could make it happen. Good luck with everything!

Lil' Wall Fam said...

How the heck are you! Congrats on the baby. And your little girl is so cute! I couldn't believe when i saw you post on my blog. I tried to email you awhile back but guess i had the wrong email. where are you living now? Not that you want to announce it on blog my email is katty_tannor@hotmail.com

Lil' Wall Fam said...

Hey dummie me i should have read your blog first. But i would still love to her from you!

wren photography said...

you have so many comments I hope you read mine.. cause did you know that i'm prego too!!! with a girl also and due july 3rd! and guess who else is expecting???? NOELLE!! can you believe it?!! we're all pregnant together how funny! It's just too bad that you're in California, I'm in Utah and Noelle is in Oregon.
much love
Kass

Tori Mitchell said...

Congarts you guys! That is so exciting. Ella will make a great big sister. I am sorry it's been such a difficult pregnancy. I hope it gets easier for you. Enjoy being pampered I guess. Take advantge of the break!