Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Half Marathon

Waiting for mommy to finish the race. Only in Texas do you get this kind of scenery.

At about mile 10

Finishing the race

Emily, Me, and Joanie

My girls supporting me!

Last Saturday, I ran my 1st half marathon! It was the Austin Zooma Half Marathon and it was challenging. The first 6.5 miles were hills which I was not really prepared for. I managed to get through that when I hit about mile 8 I kinda freaked out and told my friends to run ahead. The rest the of race was very challenging physically and mentally but I managed to finish the race in 2:03:47 which was a 9:27 mile pace. My friends kicked butt. One got 1:54 and the other 1:57. I'm so proud of all of us. This was a challenging accomplishment I hope to beat down the road. I was so happy my husband and girls came to cheer me on.

3 comments:

Adam & Rachel said...

that is so great!!! I am freaked out because I just sign up for one that is in 6 weeks and I just started running again--really just started 2 weeks ago, so we shall see how it goes. Anyways...you are awesome and you look like a total champ. Miss you!

Landecor said...

Way to go lindsey!!! You rock!

Clarissa and Darrin said...

That is awesome, I die once around the block, you rock!!