Sunday, June 5, 2011

Katy Fun Run!!

We recently moved to the Houston Area so Jordan can start his new job. He is working as a Land Negotiator for an oil and gas company called Occidental Petroleum (aka OXY). He LOVES is new job. Anyways, we live in a suburb called Katy and we're already loving it. The ward is amazing and there are 19 sumbeams, and 2 nursery classes. The people are so friendly and we are excited to be here. The first week we were here, our family decided to participate in a stake/city 5k run. I pushed the girls the whole time in my double stroller for 3.1 miles. It was a good workout and I ended up placing 3rd in my age group (age 20-29) and I got a medal. I was proud of myself. The girls were good motivation. They kept saying,"Faster mommy! Faster!" After the race, they had a carnival with games, bounce houses, food, and fire truck tours. The girls loved hanging out there.
After the run pic. So lovely. It was hot and humid!


wearing the fireman's hat

McKenna loved the bounce house!

1 comment:

Clarissa and Darrin said...

Congrats Jordan!!
You are such an amazing runner, I need some of your motivation, congrats on kickin butt, Linds!
Two of Darrin's siblings live in Katy, they might be in your ward. One is Matt and Catherine Craner and the other is Mark and Melissa Craner.