Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Our Wonderful Trip to the Bay Area


This last past weekend, we went to the Bay Area to visit some our friends and family. A week before our trip, Ella had an ear infection and was put on amoxicillion. The night before we left she broke out in hives and ran a fever of 102. The morning before we left we took her into urgent care and the doctor put her on another antibiotic. Thinking she would be okay, we drove to the Bay Area. As the trip progressed Ella only got worse and worse. She had a fever of 103, hives, no appetite for food, and couldn't keep any food down. So on Saturday we took her into John Muir Hospital in Walnut Creek. She was dehydrated so they ran an IV and also ran some tests on her. They even gave her a catheter (poor thing). That was one of the hardest things I have seen. They believed it was an allergic reaction to the amoxicillion. She broke out into hives while we were there so they gave her some steroids and benadryl though the IV.
After 7 hours in the ER they released her and said not to do anything until she gets better. Well, there went our vacation. We didn't get to see anyone. We stayed at Jordan's sister Marcie's house so we got to spend time with her and Jeff and Drew. We are sorry to those we didn't get to see. We hope to be up there soon. Since then, Ella is doing a little better. She still won't eat anything and is drinking pedialyte with 7up. I took he to the doctor today and based on her blood work results, she thinks Ella has a virus but is not sure. SO WHAT DOES SHE HAVE? It's so frustrating. We have seen 3 different doctors and no one can tell what she officially has. She is getting some blood work done tomorrow and maybe that will determine what is wrong with her.
I feel so bad for her because she is not herself and you can tell she feels uncomfortable. I love her sooo much and wish I could take her place. We hope she gets better soon so I can be with my busy little girl.

10 comments:

Mark, Stef, and Grace said...

Poor little Ella! I feel so bad for her. I hope you guys are able to find out what is really wrong soon! She still looks so cute though, even when she is sick!

Sara said...

How sad! Makenna got hives a few weeks ago and we still don't know why- it is extremely frustrating and scary. I hope that she is getting better fast.
Oh, and we are moving to Mission Viejo July 3rd- Sept 2 or so, and I must see you while we are there!

The Hardy's said...

poor ella! im glad she is starting to feel better! i hate when babies are sick! have them check for a UTI. Hailee was sick and after 3 doctors, the last one checked for a UTI and thats what she ended up having. She had 103 fevers that wouldnt break, a bad reaction to amoxycilin and didnt have an appetite. once they gave her some shots and some different meds, about a week or so later she was much better! hope they find out whats wrong fast!
looks like you guys have been up to alot of fun! you look so great and we still need to get together! i have been so busy lately, we just opened our personal training studio, but now thats complete i have more free time! call me

Suzy Hicks said...

Hope Ella is doing oaky, poor little thing. Hope you don't mind but I got your blog off of Bethany's. Be sure to add me as a friend, I'm going to add you. I CAN'T believe how big Ella is....crazy how time flies. I have a little boy now, like I said, add me. Our address is www.hicksology.blogspot.com

klenaek said...

Look at that cutie! What hair too! Kate is still practically bald. sigh. it is that white hair my girls have, it doesn't look like it is there, until it is shoulder length! Hope you guys are doing well. Have a great day.

Paige said...

Aww that is so sad... I freak out when Nicholas has a stuffy nose, so I have no idea what I would do in your shoes! Fortunately John Muir is such a nice hospital-- its where I had Nikko! Also on the bright side, she's such a healthy little girl so she'll bounce back :)

Brittany said...

We've been there too. One time Amelia had the flu and threw up for 7 days and we finally had to take her to the ER where she got IV fluids due to dehydration and some medicine to help her stop throwing up. It's hard to see your little one like that. Hope she continues to improve!!!

theblockerbunch said...

So sorry to hear about little Ella Bella. We are so glad she is doing much better!

Melissa P said...

gosh that stinks! Hope she is doing better and you get another vacation sooN!

Critchfield fam said...

Awe... poor Ella. I hope she gets better soon. She is so adorable; I love her hair!